
Hooray for snow!!!
Kindergarten: We continue to prepare for the spring show with songs and dances.
1st Grade: We sang a couple of songs about Martin Luther King and made connections to our Presidents song. We've made it up to James A. Garfield. Ask your child who our current vice president is. They should know!
2nd Grade: We are preparing for our show "The Bear Went Over the Mountain". This week I've heard children audition for speaking parts. Next week I will audition for singing solos.
3rd Grade: I read MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech to the students. We talked about his specific references to music and we sang the song he quotes at the end, "Free at Last!" We're also memorizing the 50 states and are now up to Ohio.
4th Grade: This week we choreographed our own dance to Tchaikovsky's "Sugar Plum Fairies" and got a good aerobic workout while dancing to the "Russian Dance."
5th Grade: We're singing, dancing and sweating as we prepare for the 5th grade show, as well as other potential surprises....
Have a wonderful long weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment