Friday, February 7, 2014

Week of February 3-7

1st Grade - We are continuing to work on learning the names of all of the presidents with a special song.  We also reviewed some simple note reading and found those notes inside a Valentine's Day partner song.

2nd Grade - After losing a couple of  important rehearsals due to snow days, we are working hard to make sure the show is ready for you!

3rd Grade - This week I taught the students how notes are shown on a staff that are higher than the staff and lower than the staff.  We also started previewing the 3rd grade show.

4th Grade - We are expanding our Orff vocabulary with words like improvise, pentatonic, ostinato and bordun.  The students have been beautifully creating and performing melodies on the glockenspiels and xylophones.

5th Grade - I will be picking up and delivering the 5th grade t-shirts as soon as all of the money is turned in.  We are rehearsing songs for the show.  I am impressed with their ability to hold down difficult harmony parts!