1st Grade - We had two more full rehearsals on the stage this week. We also practiced taking care of the costumes. The parents have decorated the stage and the costume pieces are nearly done! It's all coming together beautifully!
2nd Grade - We previewed the February show called "Swamped" this week. The students and I are excited about jumping into full rehearsals after the holidays.
3rd Grade - These students had the opportunity to learn how to play choir chimes this week. We added them to a song we've been learning called "The Season of Bells". It was beautiful to hear singing and ringing together!
4th Grade - I taught some difficult lessons this week on meter and time signatures. I don't think the students realized how much math there is in music! We had to multiply, divide and use fractions. We also had fun singing and ringing the choir chimes and glockenspiels.
5th Grade - We had a lot of fun with Leroy Anderson's Sleighride music! We added instruments as sound effects, which is what he is famous for!
No comments:
Post a Comment