Friday, September 16, 2011

Week of September 12-16

It's been a great week in the music room! Playing the congas and other world instruments is fun and is a great way to experience many musical elements.

Kindergarten - We are singing, dancing and playing rhythms on conga drums.

1st Grade - We have been enjoying Mother Goose songs and poems along with the world instruments, xylophones and glockenspiels.

2nd Grade - This week we played poems about rhythm on the drums and talked about our Big Dreams!

3rd Grade - We played friendship poems on the congas, practiced canons and started diving into 3/4 time.

4th Grade - Auditions for speaking parts are taking place this week and next during lunch recess. I'm still looking for help with costumes. If you can cut, sew or use a hot glue gun, please email me!

5th Grade - I am amazed at how musical these students are! They read music very well and are able to apply tempo and dynamics easily. Canons - no problem!

I am very proud of my 4th and 5th grader for singing "American Tears" so beautifully at the 9/11 assembly last Friday.