Kindergarten - Due to the 1st and 5th grade shows, we did not have music class this week.
2nd - We started rehearsing for our show! The 2nd graders will be performing "The Bear Went Over the Mountain" on February 22 and 23. I gave the students directions for setting up an Edmodo account with me. This is a wonderful on-line way for the students and I to communicate with each other.
3rd - This week we talked about Kwanzaa. I also introduced the students to a music game called Staff Wars. It is a free download, but does require you to set up an account.
4th - We are now playing 5 notes on the recorder - G, A, B, C, D. I posted some music on Edmodo for the students to practice over break. This is not homework. It's just for fun!
1st & 5th - I am so proud of these students!!! "A Pirate's Christmas" was performed for the first time yesterday to a full house! The kids did a fantastic job! I want to thank all of the parents who helped with the special details that made this show look and sound extra special!
I wish all of you a Happy Hanukkah, a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and a joyful winter break!
No comments:
Post a Comment