Friday, December 9, 2011

Week of December 5-9

Kindergarten - This week we read Jan Brett's book "The Mitten" and added instruments as sound effects.

2nd Grade - We've been working on musical form while enjoying holiday music.

3rd Grade - As we continue to practice reading music on a staff, we've been singing holiday music and trying out the choir chimes.

4th Grade - I just got a document camera in my classroom. I used it this week to show the 4th graders a beautiful recorder piece called "A Russian Christmas." I posted this music on Edmodo, in case your child would like to look at it at home.

1st and 5th - Only one full cast rehearsal left for us! I am so grateful to the parents and students who have worked so hard to make this show special! I'll see you next week on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday! Please check the Pirate Christmas tab at the top of this blog for the costume items your child will need to have for all 3 performance days.

No comments: