Kindergarten - We sang and danced to Valentines songs!
1st Grade - We have officially finished learning the Presidents Song!!! We also listened to Haydn's Surprise Symphony and made connections to the presidents song. Both use the elements of loud and soft as a surprise.
2nd Grade - We had our first full-cast rehearsal on the stage. Although we did not get through the entire show, the practice went great!
3rd Grade - We had some fun with Groundhog Day rhythms. We also created Valentine rhythms and recorded them into GarageBand. They will be posted here on my blog soon!
4th Grade - This week we began reviewing percussion instruments. I showed the classes a couple of "Ok-Go" videos. If you have not seen them, you should! Music, creativity and science all rolled into one!
5th Grade - The students are working in teams to create some of our choreography. I love working with these kids. They are creative, talented and full of positive energy!
1 comment:
Hello Mrs Opitz
I am Vansh's mom (1st grade - Mrs Tazi's class) and I wanted to thank you for getting the kids so interested in the presidents because of the President song. Vansh is so full of stories which you share with them about the presidents, wants to read books about them and just wants to keep learning. He might tell you about another President song we found and thoroughly enjoyed on youtube. You are doing such a brilliant job with them.
Thanks again, Neera
Post a Comment