Friday, March 16, 2012

Week of March 12 - 16

Kindergarten - We are having fun with "The Carnival of the Animals"!  This week we were horses, turtles, fish and cuckoo birds!

1st Grade - We sang 2 songs with an Irish feel to them. We also played a musical St. Patrick's game.

2nd Grade - We are continuing to play our musical safari game to The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra.  This online game helps reinforce instrument sounds and families.

3rd Grade - We're dancing and getting ready for the show!  I will post the cast list on our Edmodo page this weekend.

4th Grade - I tested each student on their recorders this week.  They had to play one line of a piece called "An Irish Jig".  They are playing so well!  I've been talking to them about using this recorder experience as an indicator for band next year.  I'm excited for them!  We also leaned a dance to a St. Patrick's Day song.

5th Grade - We're singing and dancing and sweating!


Thank you again to all the parents who drove their children to Thomas Middle School on Wednesday for the Cultural Arts Fair!  It was so much fun to hear 156 Ivy Hill voices sing one of our favorite songs!

No comments: