Kindergarten - We are having fun listening and moving to The Carnival of the Animals!
1st Grade - We took a little trip to Norway this week! We listened to Edvard Grieg's "In the Hall of the Mountain King" and added instruments to a Norwegian folk tale called "The Three Billy Goats Gruff."
2nd Grade - We are taking a musical safari online and learning about the instrument families. Each child will have a turn to control the game with our Mimio.
3rd Grade - "Get in the Game" is our full focus now. Auditions are next week. Students who told me they want to try out should have received and audition sheet from me. They should practice the parts they want and come to my room during lunch recess on the day I wrote at the top of their sheet.
4th Grade - We are working on a recorder piece called "An Irish Jig". We also played a game of pass the melody.
5th Grade - We learned our second dance this week. I sent home a very long letter with a lot of important 5th grade show information. I copied the letter and posted it on this blog under the 2012 5th grade show tab. I will copy all letters there.
No comments:
Post a Comment