Kindergarten - Today we will practice our show on the stage!
1st Grade - We've wrapped up our "Peter and the Wolf" unit. The children now recognize the musical themes of the characters and can identify the instruments they see and hear. Now we've started exploring 2nd grade music books!
2nd Grade - We finished our unit on form by watching a few excerpts from "The King and I". "The March of the Siamese Children" is in ABACABA form. We are now taking a look at the musical staff and learning what it means.
3rd Grade - We had lots of fun with Garage Band this week! We created examples of mood music by finding appropriates loops of instrument sounds as well as sound effects.
4th Grade - We finished watching Mozart's "The Magic Flute". I gave the students a quiz on vocal ranges and vocal groups. I asked them to write to me on their quizzes to share what they liked and didn't like about the opera. It looks like they enjoyed it!
5th Grade - It was a stressful week for all of us, but I believe in these kids and know that their show will be very special. Please turn in the permission slip and the reception forms! They are due by next Friday.