Friday, May 18, 2012

Week of May 14 - 18

Kindergarten - Congratulations on a wonderful show!  I am very proud of you!  Today is our last kindergarten music class. It's been a great year and I look forward to first grade!

1st Grade - This week we listened to George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue.  The students made their own New York City while they listened.  We also watched to excellent cartoon on Fantasia 2000.

2nd Grade - We did a couple of songs in Spanish this week.  Very fun and colorful!

3rd Grade - We are about half way through a Beethoven movie.  I am also working with each class in the computer lab, along with Mrs. Polito.  We are guiding the students through the music creation end of Garage Band.  They are composing music to compliment their own animal for their UBD project.  It is a joy to watch them be so creative!

4th Grade - Unfortunately we will not be able to finish watching "West Side Story".  Many permission slips have not yet been turned in and our year is coming to an end.  I have lots of music activities to enjoy and complete our year with!

5th Grade - Please encourage your student to memorize all speaking parts.  The show is really starting to come together!  Please remember that all costume items are due on Tuesday, May 29