Friday, December 6, 2013

Week of December 2-6

1st Grade - We had our first rehearsal on the stage with everyone!  I am proud of how quickly they are learning to switch rows.  Their singing and dancing is impressive!  They hardly forgot a thing over break!

2nd Grade - This week we had fun with Jingle Bells - and yes!  It is a Thanksgiving song!  We also enjoyed singing a Hanukkah song and adding instruments to a Christmas song. 

3rd Grade - The children are learning about the musical staff and are playing and singing notes to create beautiful harmony.  We reviewed repeat signs and Da Capo al Fine while singing a Christmas song and a Hanukkah song.

4th Grade - I am teaching the students the proper techniques of playing glockenspiels and xylophones.  They are adding interesting accompaniments for a Christmas song and a Hanukkah song.  It is difficult to sing a part while playing another!

5th Grade - We are learning a beautiful song called "Just One Candle".  Each class has been working on a holiday song for the choir chimes.  I hope to record them playing and post it here in a couple of weeks.