1st Grade - The students are learning how to hold mallets and play patterns on the glockenspiels and xylophones. We are also continuing to add more presidents to the song.
2nd Grade - The cast list is posted. Students will receive a script and a rehearsal calendar soon! Please continue to check the 2nd grade show tab at the top of this blog.
3rd Grade - We are learning about a form of music called "call and response". Many African American spirituals use this form, They are fun and easy to sing! I recorded each class into Garage Band last week. They quoted a sentence from MLK's "I have a dream" speech. This week I showed them how to put music underneath their voices. We are finishing up with the 50 states song.
4th Grade - We are drumming a lot! The students are reading difficult rhythms, improvising and putting together various ensembles. They are becoming great listeners and are starting to realize how important eye contact is while drumming with a group.
5th Grade - I am introducing more songs to the students for the 5th grade show. I am also inviting students to join a percussion group that will meet during lunch recess times. Adding live accompaniment to the show is so exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment