1st Grade - The first graders can sing nearly the entire Presidents Song now. We've made it through about half of the stories and dance moves. I hope they are sharing these with you!
2nd Grade - We have started rehearsing on the stage. This is very complicated since we have 99 students performing! They are doing a great job!
3rd Grade - We are wrapping up a unit on the musical form of call and response. I read them a book called "Follow the Drinking Gourd". This book includes a call and response song by the same name. We have also started previewing the 3rd grade show called "Goal!"
4th Grade - This week I challenged the students to combine their musical skills while performing a long rhythm passage on the drums. They had to observe dynamic markings while performing in a round. They did it!
5th Grade - We are continuing to rehearse for the 5th grade show. These students are good singers. I'm encouraging them to improve their posture, breathing, open vowel sounds and closing consonant sounds. This will bump them up from good to great!