Friday, May 8, 2015

Week of May 4 - 8

1st Grade - This week we practiced listening to melodies that go upward and downward.  We also played a couple of singing and chanting games to reinforce rhythm patterns and creativity.

2nd Grade - We are wrapping up our unit on form by analyzing the videos I took of each group performing.  A couple of groups want me to tape them again so they can fix mistakes.  I will post them once they are ready.

3rd Grade - We are continuing to work on note reading.  In addition, I have started introducing the children to a couple of American folk instruments.

4th Grade - We took a test on instruments this week.  The students did very well!

5th Grade - We had our second rehearsal on the stage on Tuesday.  Things are coming together!  Please continue to check the 5th grade show tab here on my blog for updates.


Happy Mother's dDay!