Friday, October 28, 2016

Week of October 24 - 28

Kindergarten - We had fun playing lots of small percussion instruments this week!  We used them to enhance a Halloween story.

2nd Grade - These children are doing a great job at applying music concepts to new songs.  For example, they know how to apply dynamics, rhythms and canon form to songs and poems.  Their ability to read rhythms has also impressed me.

3rd Grade - Today is recording day!  They are finally ready to perform their competition song!  I will share a private YouTube link with you once I am done editing.

4th Grade - Congratulations!!!  These students did a wonderful job performing "Compose Yourself!"  The film footage and photos have turned out nicely!  I will work hard to get the DVD made quickly.

5th Grade - We are in the final days of our composition projects.  I am really proud of these children.  They've worked together in small groups with creativity and cooperation, and they've created great music together!




No comments: