It's been a cold, but fun week!
Kindergarten - This week we worked on songs for our spring time show. We had some fun with Valentines songs, too.
1st Grade - We are now up to John F. Kennedy in our president song! We sang a wonderful Valentines Day partner song. The children did a great job with their first attempt at two-part singing!
2nd Grade - These kids are ready to put on a show! Our first combined rehearsal is this morning.
3rd Grade - This week we did a few worksheets of note reading. I think they're just about ready for their test. We continued playing Staff Wars, too.
4th Grade - By now you've probably heard of Instrument Frenzy. This is a terrific on-line instrument game through the New York Philharmonic web site.
5th Grade - We've got 13 songs and 2 dances in our repertoir now!
One a personal note - Every other year a musical is done at Thomas Middle School. I have had the privilege of helping out with their musicals for many years. For the next several weeks, I will be leaving Ivy Hill at 3:40 and heading over to Thomas to help with my 7th show there, "Thoroughly Modern Millie". If you stop at my room and I'm not there after school, this is the reason why!
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment