Saturday, December 8, 2012

Week of December 3-7

Kindergarten - I had the pleasure of introducing an Ivy Hill traditional song called "Light the Candles" to my beautiful kindergarten students this week.  The best part was that many of them already knew the song because they have an older brother or sister that taught it to them!

1st Grade - We had our first rehearsal with all 4 classes together.  We took care of lots of details in our Candy Cane show.  I think the students have a new appreciation of how much work it takes to put together a good show!

2nd Grade - We are continuing to enjoy our Dreidl song and our La Navidad song.  We also sang through a fun song called Hip Hop reindeer.  Very soon we will start rehearsing for the 2nd grade show!

3rd Grade - Irish dancing, Christmas music, singing in Hebrew and teamwork filled our music lessons this week.  What a beautiful sound they make!

4th Grade - We are working on some choreography for our Nutcracker Megamix.  I will be videotaping them soon and will share this very entertaining medley with you.  This is another John Jacobson treasure!

5th Grade - I am always amazing at how these children exceed my expectations.  After only two weeks of reading difficult music and playing the choir chimes, they are now able to quickly read and perform their songs on new notes.  I am also proud of the mature way they are singing a song in Latin and in 3 parts.  I will be recording all 4 classes singing this song on Wednesday of next week and will share it with you.

Happy Hanukkah!!

No comments: