1st Grade - We are having fun adding World Instruments to Mother Goose nursery rhymes!
2nd Grade - In addition to drumming beats and rhythm patterns on the World Drums, I taught the children how to do the Cup Song patterns. It's hard, but very fun!
3rd Grade - We created an array of sounds and silences on the World Instruments this week. I also showed them a couple of instruments I bought from my drumming professor, Dr. Sowah Mensah, from Ghana. Here is a video of an Adenkum. This is a Firikyiwa.
4th Grade - We are rehearsing for our October Jazz show! Auditions for speaking parts are taking place during lunch recess time. Students have access to the lyrics and script through Edmodo.
5th Grade - I am teaching these students some very difficult drumming patterns. They are amazing and have impressed me with their abilities to soak up this unique form of music. We are adding some singing, too. I will be coordinating 5th grade t-shirts very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment