1st Grade - We continued drumming the steady beat while reciting poems about coins. The students practiced using their loud and proud voices while drumming an apple poem. We also had fun with a few more instruments from Mexico and Africa.
2nd Grade - The students created, taught and performed rhythm patterns for the tubanos. They drummed their birthdays and put together a two part poem on the drums.
3rd grade - We had fun with a "Rock It!' drumming ensemble. The students drummed their birthday rhythms and learned a 3 part friendship poem. This poem was then transferred to the drums and was played all together. Lastly, I taught them a fun drumming pattern to do with a partner.
4th Grade - Most songs are memorized and we are now dancing! The cast list is posted and I sent home scripts and rehearsal calendars for those who have solo parts to memorize.
5th Grade - We polished up a fantastic drum sequence that requires intense listening and a strong sense of rhythm. We drummed to a song from India and started an Irish pattern that uses drum sticks on the outside shell of the drums.
This was our last week with the World Music Instruments. I absolutely loved the experiences I had with students on every grade!
No comments:
Post a Comment