1st Grade - I am using the solfege system to help teach the concept of melody to the students. In 1st grade it is typical to focus on sol and mi. This week we sang a book called "Orange, Pear, Apple, Bear". The children used manipulatives to demonstrate their understanding of these pitches. They also had the opportunity to play the notes on xylophones.
2nd Grade - We took a simple song called Bow Wow Wow and made it very complicated with a rhythm game. We are also working on an autumn song. It is a partner song, which means that it becomes two songs performed at the same time.
3rd Grade - I am preparing the students for a song and dance competition. They will be competing for the opportunity to be included in a John Jacobson mash-up video. The dance is difficult, but the song and lyrics are fantastic!
4th Grade - "We Haz Jazz" is nearly performance ready! Please check the 4th grade show tab at the top of my blog to see a copy of the letter I sent home this week. It has show times and costume information.
5th Grade - Now that the World Music Drums are gone, I am focusing our lessons on melody. These amazing students sang in 3 and 4 part harmony while accompanying themselves on the Orff instruments! I love every minute with them!
No comments:
Post a Comment