Friday, March 21, 2014

Week of March 17-21

1s Grade - We had fun singing, dancing and playing a game to a St. Patrick's Day song.  We also added percussion instruments to a fairy tale from Norway.  We connected this story to music they are now familiar with that is also from Norway.

2nd Grade - We are now finished with our instrument family safari adventure.  Now we are playing instrument Bingo to reinforce what they learned.

3rd Grade - Today I will pass out scripts to those who have speaking parts for the show.  I taught two dances this week.  I am proud of the way these children perform!

4th grade - Musical moments are happening with these students!  We are combining many different kinds of instruments and working on developing the purposeful listening and teamwork that music demands.

5th Grade - The students have learned five dances so far.  We are working at an intense pace to prepare a great show for you in June!

I wish you all a healthy and relaxing spring break!