Friday, October 24, 2014

Week of October 20 - 24

1st Grade - We are starting to learn the songs for the December show called "A Berry Merry Holiday"!  Next week I will send home a letter with more information about this show.  This letter will include a practice script for those students who would like a speaking part in the show. We are also reading rhythms and dancing to them with an Ivy Hill October favorite called "The Sounds of the Night"".

2nd Grade - These students are doing a great job at reading rhythms and singing patterns of sol and mi.  We sang Row, Row, Row Your Boat as a round and learned another Halloween chant that can also be done as a round or canon.  They have also demonstrated their understanding of how to follow a song with multiple verses.

3rd Grade - We are continuing to learn about reading notes on a staff.  Next week I will record all of the 3rd graders performing a song called "That's Music to My Ears".  I will submit this video to Music Express magazine in hopes that we make it into a mash-up video competition.

4th Grade - Congratulations to all of my 4th graders!  They did an outstanding job in "Summer Camp!"  I want to thank all of you who helped with this show.  You made it very special and memorable!  The stage and costumes were amazing!

5th Grade - The 5th grade students are learning about vocal ranges.  We are listening to songs and watching videos of various sopranos, altos, tenors and basses.  We are also listening to different kinds of ensembles such as choirs of children, men, adults and mixed.  I will soon be reconnecting with these students on Edmodo.  A letter of explanation will be going home next week.

No comments: