Thank you to everyone who brought in photographs of Veterans in your families!!!
1st Grade - Today I am sending home scripts and rehearsal schedules with those children who have a speaking part in the show. Please continue to check the 1st grade show tab at the top of this blog for more information and duplicates of the letters I send home.
2nd Grade - We are working on the concepts of melody and harmony and enjoying the challenges of putting more than one sound together to build and hear more interesting musical patterns.
3rd Grade - We sang "Are You Sleeping" in English and French and then sang it as a round. I challenged them to sing the melody in solfege (do, re, mi, etc) and they did it! We also enjoyed a meaningful Thanksgiving song.
4th Grade - We finished our Star Spangled Banner study with a quiz and started working on a couple of Native American style songs.
5th Grade - I recorded the students singing "America, the Beautiful" with a beautiful countermelody. Please check the 5th grade tab at the top of this blog to view the videos of each class. We also sang and talked about the Revolutionary War song "Yankee Doodle".