Monday, November 4, 2013

Week of October 29 - Nov 1

1st Grade - We are working hard on our songs and dances for the "Flakes" show.  I sent home an important letter regarding the show.  You can find a copy of it by clicking on the 1st grade show tab at the top of this blog.

2nd Grade - We wrapped up Halloween with a couple of fun rounds and a Scarecrow song with lots of loud and soft changes.  We played a little minor melody on the glockenspiels, too.

3rd Grade - We videotaped the students performing "Get Me to the Beat" and I burned a DVD of them.  I mailed the DVD to Music Express magazine, so now we wait to hear back!  We had a little fun with a Halloween songs and the Orff instruments on Thursday and Friday.

4th Grade - We are getting ready for Veteran's Day.  I told them the story of how our country's National Anthem was written.

5th Grade - We are continuing to work on melody and harmony.  I showed them an interactive keyboard and they practiced finding middle C, the C major scale and the black note that makes it minor.