Friday, September 2, 2016

August 29 - September 2

Welcome back!!!


I must confess that when I first saw the new stage here at Ivy Hill I cried uncontrollable tears of joy!  I am thrilled that no student will ever have to stand on the Commons floor for a show.  All of our students will be more visible and they will have more room to dance!  Our new sound system, lights and curtains are amazing and I look forward to all of the new special effects we can now add to our shows!

Please consider getting involved with the Videography committee.  It is not a big commitment, and the more we have, the more we can share the jobs!  Please email me if you have questions or would like to sign up!

My schedule this year includes all half day kindergarten students and all classes in grades 2-5.  

I will post weekly updates about our classroom activities here on this blog.  Thanks for reading!!


Kindergarten - We already learned two music words in our first lesson!  We experienced "echo" and "beat."  I had a blast singing songs that they suggested, such as ABC, Twinkle, Twinkle, Jingle Bells and even Eye of the Tiger.  We started learning a song that will be featured in their kindergarten show in May.

2nd Grade - We practiced singing the Ivy Hill School song and God Bless America.  We also did some echo rhythms and solfege voice exercises.  I am so happy that these children are now my students!

3rd Grade - We reviewed the Ivy Hill School song and God Bless America.  We did some echo rhythms, rhythm canons and voice exercises.  We are also starting a unit using our beautiful set of Tubanos and other fantastic instruments!

4th Grade - After reviewing the Ivy Hill song and God Bless America, we jumped right into the 4th grade show!  "Compose Yourself" will be the very first show on our brand new stage!  The performance will be on Thursday, October 27 at 9:45am.

5th Grade - We also reviewed the Ivy Hill song and God Bless America.  We did some rhythm and voice exercises and did a fun getting-to-know-you activity.  We will soon begin designing the 5th grade t-shirts!  We will be using the world instruments and explore the upcoming 5th grade music curriculum. 

No comments: