Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week of October 1-4

The world instruments are gone now and the music room is decorated for Halloween!  All classes are now sitting and standing around the piano with me to exercise our singing voices.  This month we will focus on the special sound of minor music.

Kindergarten - We are singing, dancing, using props and having fun.  We learned a short song about Christopher Columbus, too.

1st Grade - The first graders are reading words and notes!  We're singing about apples and enjoyed a cute game and xylophone part with an apple song.

2nd Grade - The second graders are also reading rhythm patterns.  We started with a simple song and added some complex movements!

3rd Grade - Nearly every 3rd grader is now connected with me on Edmodo.  I have our special song and video posted there so that students can practice at home if they choose.  We learned some tricky dance steps this week!  I'm looking forward to sharing a brief conversation I had with the composer of our song, John Jacobson!

4th Grade - We now have 3 dances learned!  This show is moving along beautifully!  I know you will enjoy the wonderful talents of these young performers!

5th Grade - This week we focused on hearing different types and combinations of solos and choirs.

Enjoy this beautiful fall weekend!