Saturday, October 27, 2012

Week of October 22-26

Kindergarten - We got to play lots of different percussion instruments to add sound effects to a Halloween story.

1st Grade - These children are learning our show very quickly!  Next week I will begin auditioning for speaking parts.  Every student should have received a two-page letter from me on green paper with information about the show, auditions and our performance dates.

2nd Grade - This week we did more rhythm reading and learned how to read verses in music - a very useful skill!

3rd Grade - On Monday I will be videotaping the children singing and dancing to "The Song of Life".  We looked at an interesting Halloween song that features 2 verses of nouns and two verses of adjectives.

4th Grade - I am so proud of these students!  I will forever have wonderful memories of not only their performances, but also really fun lunch time rehearsals!

5th Grade - We spent some time reflecting on the 4th grade show and then started learning a Halloween melody that features 5 groups of glockenspiels and xylophones.  Every student gets to play a part.  Please remind your 5th grader to complete the quiz on Edmodo.