1st Grade - The students have learned every song for our show and now we are starting to combine classes and work on the staging.
2nd Grade - We enjoyed a couple of Thanksgiving songs this week. One of them was a rap and offered a good introduction to the sounds of the trumpet and trombone. The other song was called Mashed Potatoes!
3rd Grade - I taught the children a song called Pilgrims this week. It is a beautiful song and helps teach the history behind our uniquely American holiday called Thanksgiving. We also got a little silly and learned the Turkey Tango!
4th Grade - We are preparing a couple of songs that are Native American in style. I also introduced the students to a very funny spoof on The Nutcracker Ballet.
5th Grade - After reviewing our Star Spangled Banner quizzes we began learning a 3-part song in preparation for a singing test.
I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and hope that you enjoy this special time off with family and friends!
